Needle in a Haystack

This turned out to be a busy day. I had to tear my office apart because I still could not find the my handwritten notes from our Advocacy committee meeting last month, and I really needed to type them up and send them out before the board meeting. I really thought I was not going to find them anywhere at this point, as I had gone through every box, pile of papers, folder, etc where I thought they might be, and I had even looked at home and in my car over the weekend.
Over my lunch break, I went and picked up my drumset from Rick and Melodie, and then wenat and picked up a bass drum pedal I had found on Craigslist for $25. The guy who sold it to me said it used to be the drummer's from the band Bad Religion! It was missing a spring so I had to take it to the Pro Drum shop, conveniently located just a block from my work, and so they put on a new spring for me and I bought a new bass drum head since the one on my new drums is broken.
I did send out a new agenda and noted that I would be sending the minutes later, but I finally called Susan to tell her I thought they were completely lost. She told me I would have to do my best and try to type them from memory. Then, out of the corner of my eye I saw the binders on the shelf behind me where I keep the old meeting packets. I grabbed the "2009" book cause it looked like it had some papers shoved in it, and lo and behold, there were the January 2010 Advocacy papers with my handwritten notes! I quickly got them typed up and e-mailed them to Susan.
After work, I had a Neighborhood Council meeting. I was pretty happy about this because I had just realized how broke I was until payday, and they feed us at these meetings. So that was one dinner I didn't have to pay for! The meeting went really quickly but I was sad that Lydia told me she had sold her house and was resigning from the board. She and I had worked on several projects and had become a friend of mine over the past few years. I would often see her out walking her dog, Barton, and I would stop and chat with her, and she's one of the very few people from my day job who has ever come to see my band play.
As soon as the meeting was over, I had to rush to Cascade Studios for Invisible Material rehearsal. I saw Brandon and Robin outside so I had them come to the car to check out my new drums.
We mainly rehearsed "Grown Man Cries" for Rick and Melodie to plan different shots; they were filming us and checking out different angles. As a result, we didn't play as fast and loud or for as long as we usually do so I actually didn't end up getting all sweaty for a change.
When I got home, Dylan was still gone at Amy's watching Drag Race, but he got soon shortly thereafter and we watched some TV and went to bed.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 52
Another cookbook, I'll have to check later and see what the title was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!