Sick Day

I definitely felt very crummy by the time I woke up. My throat was still sore, and I felt groggy and like I was underwater. I don't know if I even realized the alarm was going off for boot camp, cause I had taken some Nyquil last night and sometimes that makes me disoriented in the morning. I do know I finally got up at 8:45 and realized I couldn't make it in to work, so I called and left a message on Susan's voicemail saying I was out sick.
I went back to bed and woke up around 10:30 but stayed in bed for probably another hour, before I ventured out to the living room to lay on the couch (big accomplishment) so I could watch TV. DVR is one thing that has made being sick better, because instead of having to watch dreadful daytime TV you can get caught up on whatever shows you missed.
Finally around 2pm I got up and walked in the rain over to Subway to get a sandwich. I wasn't even that hungry, but I had to go to the post office anyway because Amazon had ordered more Shitting Glitter CD's over the weekend and I forgot to send them yesterday and they start sending reminder e-mails right away if you haven't confirmed the order within 24 hours. So, the Subway is right next to the post office so I got a sandwich and some soup.
After eating and watching a few more hours of TV I felt a little better so I went in the bedroom and got on the computer to work more on the remix of Swivek's "Rock Hard" and on "Hunters of the Night." I almost finished both of them by the time I had to get ready for Shitting Glitter rehearsal. I wasn't quite feeling up to snuff yet, but it was the only time we had where we could rehearse before our shows in Bakersfield this weekend and we really needed to add a few more songs to our set since we only had like 7 at this point. Red couldn't make it but she has played the three songs before, but Laura is so new that she is still learning them. We rehearsed at 8pm at Cascade in Hollywood so at least it was easy to get to. It was kind of weird because we rehearsed in the same room that Invisible Material rehearses in sometimes. The really gross part was I realized I was wearing the same clothes I had worn yesterday, that I got all sweaty in at Invisible Material rehearsal. Being sick can be so disgusting.
When I got home, Dylan was finally home (he had to work late) and he had brought leftover food from him meeting so I could have dinner! So sweet of him. I ate dinner while we watched TV and then I went to work on my songs more before bed time.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 40
Green swim trunks with green and white stripes. I used to wear these all the time, but they are not very cute, the elastic has gone out, and one of the stripes is coming off. Dylan doesn't even think I should donate these, maybe I should just throw them away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!