WNN0438

It felt like it had been forever since I had been to a boot camp at the park. I used to hate the Runyon Canyon days but now the Plummer Park days are the ones I dread. I did make it this morning, but it felt like just barely. Afterwards I went home and laid down with Dylan, who was still in bed but about to get up, and after assuring him I wasn't going to fall asleep, I promptly did so.
I had a meeting at 9:30 at the Braille Center for the East Hollywood BID which I was slightly late to as a result of my accidental napping, but it turned out to be fine. I had stopped by my office on the way to pick up some brochures the Media District had made when we were going through our renewal, which I thought would be helpful for them as they plan their own renewal.
Dylan and I met at Fresh and Easy after work for grocery shopping. We got quite a bit of stuff and tried to keep it all healthy. At one point I jokingly tossed a box of Oreo Cakesters in the cart and Dylan just looked at me like I was insane.
I drove home with the groceries as Dylan pedaled home on his bike, and he arrived just about a minute after I did! That tells you something about traffic in LA. He put away the groceries and then we watched The Sarah Silverman Program, Parks & Rec, and The Office that we had missed last Thursday. Then I made dinner. I took chicken breasts that we had just bought and cooked them in a skillet with soy sauce, oranges, onions, celery, sesame seeds and olive oil. I also made lentils with tomato and basil, and a side salad. It all came out OK but it was definitely on the "healthy" side.
Afterward I worked on some new songs that I am writing for my brother, Brandon, and his new project called Turbo Sunshine. One of the songs I ended up titling "WNN0438" which was our family's business radio call out code. That song I had started working on last night and I finished it tonight, after I had created a completely new song that I named "SilverGrey." I didn't intend for him to use those titles but I guess they ended up working for him. I'm excited to see how these seeds progress into actual songs.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 47
"You Take Me Up" Thompson Twins 12" single - I almost didn't want to get rid of this one, because it had a blue border around it and a different remix than the other 12" I have of this. I realize that's really lame but it's true. After confirming that I probably have the same remix on the CD reiussue of "Into the Gap" (it has a different name, but there is a version that is 8:30 on the CD, and the record version says it's 8:29, so either way, I have an 8 and a half remix of this song) I realized I could part with this one. It was always one of my favorite TT singles and I love the video where they are in jail and working on a chain gang in some desert looking place.

Comments

Brandonbodt said…
The songs are very exciting and I'm going to treat them right.

I'll be tender yet stern.

Understanding but firm.

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!