Little drummer boy

Boot camp was really difficult this morning, but I made it through it. This is my 5th time doing boot camp and I still can't do pushups for sh*t. I don't know what's wrong with me. I also can never do all the lunges, my legs start hurting so bad I think I'm going to fall over if I don't stop.
Cousin Lisa posted some pics from our visit yesterday, they're so cute! She has an iPhone app that makes them look like old polaroid photos.
After work I quickly worked on "Hunters of the Night" a little and then had to go pick Robin up for Invisible Material rehearsal - our first of the year. We were at Amp in North Hollywood at 8pm, downstairs. For not rehearsing for what seemed like months (actually it was definitely almost 2 months or more since we all rehearsed together, although Ben, Brandon and I did rehearse in December) it sounded good. I was especially please with my drumming. I didn't get too tired and I stayed on the beat pretty well the whole time. Sometimes with drumming I think I make it more complicated than it is, either because I think I'm getting bored or I think I need to be more impressive and then I mess up and it sounds lame. With drumming sometimes it's more impressive just to play simple and to not mess up and stay on the beat.
I noticed that I was getting a sore throat near the end of rehearsal, and not feeling all that well. I was afraid I was getting sick.
By the time I got home I was so tired and sweaty that I pretty much just crawled into bed.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 39
Green/grey Ralph Loren Polo T-Shirt. I acquired this shirt on our 2001 New Year's Eve trip to Lake Tahoe with the Shitting Glitter entourage. It was a trip full of debauchery and somehow I ended up with this shirt that no one else claimed. There was another group of guys staying in the same cabin so most likely it was one of theirs. It was kind of comfortable so I've kept it all these years as a "wear around the house" type of t-shirt, but I have so many of those and I need to get rid of a few, so this one is pretty dispensable.

Comments

Scarlet said…
Perfect title!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!