The Day After

When I was a kid, I used to look forward so much to going shopping in Hays the day after Christmas. It was my chance to buy the presents I really wanted, with whatever money I had either been given as a gift or saved after all the presents I would by for other people. But shopping on the 26th has, of course, turned into a nightmare and so now you won’t find me anywhere near a store.
Dylan and I woke up at noon in Brandon and Angie’s apartment, and Dylan told me that Brandon had texted to see if we were picking them up at the airport. I know Brandon had sent me their itinerary but somehow I had completely screwed it up in my head and I thought they were coming back tomorrow night. I had promised Amy that we would go visit them down in Fullerton and I had been looking forward to it, but I wasn’t sure how to make it all work. I finally just decided that if we got around quickly we could do everything, so I told Dylan we needed to hurry up. We ended up getting to Amy and AJ’s by 1:30 which actually wasn’t bad at all. Von and Jessica were visiting and I haven’t seen them forever, so I had a million questions for them about their new lives in Santa Fe. Meanwhile, Kristahn was there as it was sort of her “going away” party because she is moving to San Francisco, so I had lots to talk to her about. On top of all that, the new Shitting Glitter EP, “Ladies Things,” had been finished and they had copies of it so Amy gave me one. It was a very weird feeling being presented with a Shitting Glitter CD with which I had nothing to do and only saw it after it was already pressed and finished.
AJ made amazing pizzas, several different flavors, they were all so delicious. Finally, it was time to go to LAX. We took the 91 to the 605 to the 105, as AJ suggested, and we just flew there and got there so early that we just decided to park and wait for them in the baggage claim. They got there around 4:45 and then we took them back to our house where Brandon’s car was.
The rest of the evening was very anti-climactic. I walked to Los Tacos and 7-11 to get some tacos and soda, and it felt so good being out in the chilly night air. After I got home, I decided to go back out for a jog, as I’m determined to get in better shape after the holidays and in the new year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!