Black Swan

I have to give a 'happy birthday' shout-out to my mom today! I miss her so much and wish I could tell her so in person today, but a phone call will have to do. (I'm not really very good at figuring out the whole video chat thing.)
The Film Group at the TV Academy was screening "Black Swan" today so we had a group of us who went to see it, including Marc, Robert, Brandon, Angie, Ben, Dylan and I. I didn't know much about the movie before we saw it, which is the way I like to go into movies, because I was simply blown away! The movie had a really big effect on me, it was mesmerizing from the beginning to end and stayed in my mind afterward. I think for me it may have been the 'movie of the year.' Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis were both amazing in it, as was Barbara Hershey and Winona Ryder. I just can't say how much I loved this film!
Afterward, we were supposed to have an Invisible Material show in Bellflower at a sports bar called Spikes, but at the last minute Robin texted to say the show was off because the bar was closed for some reason. I was actually relieved, as Sunday night shows are never something I really look forward to.
Since I had the night off after all, we decided to join Melodie and Rick at Ye Rustic Inn for Trivia; Brandon and Angie came and met us there too. It's a neat little old-fashioned bar on Hillhurst in Los Feliz where they have Trivia on Sunday nights, but the Trivia guy does lots of other bars around LA. Anyway, we decided to name our team the White Rhinos, and I must say we were on fire - we ended up winning the night! We were thrilled and vowed to come back again, as we won a $20 bar tab, and also they give a trophy for the winning team each month.

Comments

Scarlet said…
Somehow I missed this one...but I miss you every single day!!! I know I talked to you on the phone on my birthday, but I am so excited about coming to LA in 12 days that I can't sleep!!! We are going to have so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!