Cambria

I woke up to hear Dylan calling the front desk to ask for a late check out because he said “it’s really hard to wake my man up.” I told Dylan later I had to wake up at that point because I couldn’t roll my eyes while they were closed! Really though I just knew it was time to get up so we could actually go enjoy the hot tub, and since he had gotten us an extra hour I didn’t want to waste any of it. It was only around 10am at this point anyway. The hot tub was refreshing - we had the whole pool area all to ourselves, and it’s at the very top of the property overlooking the whole valley. The pool and hot tub are beautiful, and there is a cool waterfall built into the side of the hill. We then got all our stuff packed up and went to have brunch in the Copper Cafe, where we had Turkey Salad Sandwiches and I had a glass of Madonna Inn wine. Then we went shopping in San Luis Obispo although I didn’t find many gifts (I did get a couple). After that we decided to drive up the coast to Cambria, and by the time we got there it was dusk. It’s such a beautiful, quaint little town. We saw a sign that said Pizza and Wine so we decided to stop and have dinner. The pizza was great, but the wine was boxed Franzia - chillable red! Being in wine country, we thought this was almost blasphemy. But, the price was right and we were hungry so we drank it anyway. We looked around Cambria a little bit for a hotel, even stopping in at one that Dylan said he and his dad had stayed at once a long time ago, but then we decided to go back to the Madonna Inn for another night! This time we got the Star Light room, which was cheaper but I actually liked it better. It was blue and silver and had it’s own private balcony, and a heated toilet seat and bidet! I drove over to Ralph’s to get something to drink - they had the Three Olives Bubble Vodka on sale that I had enjoyed in my Bubble Martini in the bar last night so I picked it up and also got an orange and a persimmons, which I’d never tried before, for the next morning. We had several drinks out on the balcony and then headed up to the hot tub. It was chilly out so the hot tub was perfect; Dylan even took a dip in the pool, which was surprisingly warm (I had swum in it earlier in the day, but couldn’t be bothered to leave the hot tub this time).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!