Double Rainbow

At work I put the HED newsletter online and left a little early since it was really quiet in the office; only Joe and I were still around. Then I went shopping around Sunset & Vine to try and finish getting my gifts; while I was walking down Vine Street I saw that everyone was coming out of the stores with their camera phones so I looked and there was a double rainbow in the sky to the east! It was beautiful so I had to take a photo myself, but after I got over looking at the rainbow, I just smiled seeing all the people coming out to take photos on their cameras! 5 years ago that isn't something you would have seen. Now, everyone has a camera on their phone. It was such an odd reminder of the exact time that we live in.
I went into Game Stop to get a Wii game for dad and the guy working was beyond helpful - he actually showed me exactly what to get based on what I told him that my dad liked, and it was a used game so it wasn't very expensive but he said it was the best one they had since my dad already had the new Call of Duty game. It's unusual to get such awesome customer service. Then I went to Borders and got a couple things for Dylan, and ended up at the Arclight gift shop where I got a really nice candle for Robbie and some stocking stuffers.
Dylan was not feeling too well when I got home, but he had gone to Tujunga to drop off presents. I went to Pavilions to do some more holiday shopping, then went home and made lace cookies. I tried to make divinity using my grandma Strecker's recipe but I had gotten a regular cooking thermometer instead of a candy thermometer and it didn't come out at all, I was so sad! Mom told me that divinity is really hard to make and that even Grandma Strecker had problems with it depending on if the weather was too humid, so I didn't feel as bad, but I do want to get it right someday - just maybe not this year.
Brandon and Angie came over and we watched Always Sunny Christmas which we had watched last year in Hawaii but we were all tired and some of us couldn't stay awake for the whole thing then (not me of course). Brandon and Angie were spending the night so I could take them to the airport in the morning; they are flying to Kansas City for Yuletide and I'm so jealous! It's Angie's first time going to mom and dad's house.
They were getting ready for bed and I felt really bad because I was finishing a batch of Molasses crinkle cookies to round out the selection of stuff I had made to send home with them, which included some cool, flavored mixed nut recipes I had gotten in Real Simple magazine along with all the different cookies I had made, and some cashew/bacon/caramel popcorn. I tried to be as quiet as possible but of course there was inevitable clanging and banging going on in the kitchen, but finally I was done and shut the lights off so they could have a few hours of sleep before going to the airport.

Comments

Scarlet said…
And we enjoyed all of your homemade goodies, too! The nuts were fun, I really enjoyed the rosemary ones!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!