Shadey

We had our staff holiday lunch today at Larchmont Grill which was really nice. It's an old house that they have converted to a restaurant, right on Melrose near Larchmont, which I've walked by tons of times but never been in before. We sat right in the front room by the fireplace. We brought our gifts to exchange, which was fun; I had Sarah in the 'secret santa' and got her this cool book, The Illustrated World of Mad Men, that Dylan told me about. Sarah is a huge fan of "Mad Men" so I thought it was perfect, and she seemed tickled by it. Kerry had me and she got me a very 'zen' rock water fall fountain for my office (we were supposed to by things for each other's offices). I set mine up as soon as we got back.
Kerry gave me my year-end review and I was very thrilled to get a holiday bonus! Since it was my first year here I didn't know if they gave bonuses, and she said they don't always, so I should be thankful that I got one, which I was. Now I can do some real holiday shopping! Of course I'm just going to spend my whole bonus on gifts for other people, but if I have enough left I really want to get an Alesis Micron for myself.
Dylan's cousin Shady had invited us to go out with her to this club MI6 which is down Santa Monica by the Troubadour. Friday nights are "Girl Bar" so it's gay and lesbian night. She and her friend Heather, who we've known for a long time, came and picked us up and then Shady got us a bunch of free drink tickets so I ended up getting way too drunk, but it was fun! We danced a lot and then there was a performance by this up-and-coming pop starlet named Samantha Marq. She was cute and reminded me of Lady Gaga a little bit. Heather and I went and talked to her afterward and I told her she should try to perform at LA Pride next summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!