Leaving San Luis

We woke up in the beautiful Star Light room and were immediately sad that we would have to be leaving. We got up early enough that we didn't really need a late check-out. We just took our time packing up and enjoying the last few hours there. The maid had left the door to the next room open, which was the room Tiger, Brandon and Angela had stayed in a few months back, so we had to go in and sneak a peak. Then we took a little video of our room so I could post it on YouTube.
After we got all packed up, we checked out and then had brunch at a nearby Denny's before hitting the road back to LA. I drove since Dylan had driven on the way up. It actually went by pretty fast, and since it had been nighttime when we arrived, we actually got to enjoy some amazing scenery on the way home.
Back in West Hollywood, I had to immediately get to work on arranging songs for the Devin Tait & the Traitor's acoustic holiday show which is coming up soon. "Paper Sea" is a song Brandon wrote and recorded for his solo project, S No S, many years ago right before he moved back to LA, and it has always been one of my favorites. So I decided I would make him perform that song at the show, and once I started arranging a piano part for Elene, I had the idea to arrange a flute part for myself to play, which ended up being really fun and easy. Then, I arranged our cover version of "Last Christmas" which was also easy because I just downloaded a midi file of it and tweaked one of the parts into the piano part, and I figured out a xylophone part for myself.
I met up with Brandon and Angela at Elene's place so we could all run through the songs together, and it went surprisingly well! I think we're going to have a great show.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!