All You Need is Now

I sent out the December HED Newsletter, which was a big relief. We've decided that starting next year, we're going to do a print edition, on newsprint, so it will be a newspaper which is really exciting to me. I haven't worked on a newspaper since I was editor of the Leader my last semester in college.
It was Dylan and I's turn to host Dinner Club this month, which I was really happy about because I hadn't planned any other type of holiday party at our house, and it would be a shame to have all those decorations go unseen! So, in addition to the regular crew of Robin, Michele, Aaron, and Mark, I also invited Brandon, Angela, Elene, and Jim. I made a sausage chili with fresh jalapenos which ended up being very spicy but just this side of being too spicy - it was perfect! Aaron had brought homemade tamales, his grandma's recipe, and they went perfectly with the chili.
We all ended up having a great time and it was fairly late when everyone left but I was still wired. So, I remembered that the new Duran Duran album, "All You Need Is Now" was released on iTunes today and downloaded it onto my iPad and listened to it with headphones. It's phenomenal! Marc had told me that I would love it, because it sounds like vintage Duran Duran, and he was right! It's only 9 songs for now; they are going to release it on CD and vinyl with more tracks later; kind of a cool new way to do an album release. Every song on it is great. It was a great way to wind down and end a very exciting evening.

Comments

Espana said…
Like all of you when I heard the original lineup had reunited for "Astronaut" I was thrilled.
Not quite so thrilled when I heard the disc.
Granted "Astronaut" had some great moments but that was not the comeback I was hoping for.
I skipped "Red Carpet" all together due to the reviews from fans and critics.
Then without even realizing DD was coming out with something new, this caught my attention on our local newspaper.
Not quite the hippest place to find out about a new DD album but that's it.

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!