The Great CD Organization

At work I finished the SV BID newsletter, which is always a great feeling. This was the best one yet, I think!
Dylan had to work late so I had the house to myself. I did a lot of cleaning up, and then I started a big CD organizing project while watching Blondie “Behind the Music" on DVD. About 9 years ago when I lived with Denny, I was inspired to ditch my CD cases and put all my CDs in books, like Denny had done. I thought it was more organized, took up less room, and would make them more portable. Well, one day my car was parked in a NICE part of town, and someone smashed my car window and stole my CD book with all the CD's from the letter L to the letter S, which included all my Spice Girls CD's (all the import singles, etc), Kylie Minogue, Siouxsie and the Banshees... lots of my favorite artists. I would have been so upset, but it happened to be the day when I got to go meet the girls from Voice of the Beehive down in Laguna Beach (I had met them once before when I went to see them play on the reunion tour in Birmingham, UK). So I just let it roll off me. But I stopped putting my CDs in books after that, so since then, any new CD's I've gotten have just been stuffed haphazardly wherever they would fit, in no order, all over our apartment, making it impossible to find one if I was looking for it specifically. Now, I am taking all the CDs out of the books that were already in them, and re-organizing everything. Unfortunately, at some point in a fit of trying to reduce the clutter in our apartment (the never-ending quest), I must have thrown away a whole box of the CD cases with the backs in them. So, now I'm organizing them into albums that don't have a case, or are missing the back artwork, singles, and cases that are missing the CD's, so that someday when I actually have a place to put them all out, they will be alphabetized and organized.

Comments

Scarlet said…
This is my big downfall, wish I was more organized but you are the King of organization...must have inherited it from someone!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!