Glambert

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. I'm being a little dramatic about today's happenings, but it was definitely a day with a high and a low.
The Chamber of Commerce had it's annual holiday toy drive and holiday mixer at the Music Box, where earlier in the day, old ladies had been lined up (apparently since the night before) to see Adam Lambert. I was lucky enough to have tickets to the show but was getting a little worried about being able to get anywhere near the stage since there was already a line of crazed fans. So after the mixer, I was blessed that I am friends with people in high places so my friends and I were let in the side door so we didn't have to wait in the line.
The concert was great, Adam was in top form and very entertaining. I'm proud to say I've never watched a full episode of American Idol so the only time I've ever seen Adam sing before is in his music videos and his appearance at the AMA's or whatever it was when he caused controversy. I was impressed with the show and it gave me lots of things to think about for my own shows. I don't have a voice like he does but I do like his style and his look.
After the show, Dylan and I got into a stupid fight, so I left the theatre to go get a drink at the W hotel bar where I met Brandon (he was coming to pick Angie up). Dylan's phone was dead as usual so I texted Marc where I was, but there was a miscommunication and Dylan thought I'd just left him so he left too. Brandon and I saw him on the street and I tried to get him to come with me but he was really upset and yelled at me, saying he was going to walk home. I walked Brandon to meet Angela at the Music Box and then I went to get my car and drove around until I found Dylan walking down Sunset Blvd. and insisted he get in the car and ride home with me because it was starting to rain and it was pretty late by then. I wish that after over 8 years together we could avoid these types of fights but at least they're rare. We went home and after awhile I eventually fell asleep although I was really upset by the whole ordeal, which especially sucked since the concert had been so good and we had all been so happy during it.

Comments

Scarlet said…
Disturbing to me, too, and I am so glad to be reading that things were obviously patched up. If you ever need to talk...

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!