Asian Food and Fruitcake

We were going to have dinner and rehearsal at Elene's house for the Traitor's tonight and I wanted to get some percussion instruments and Brandon needed guitar picks, so I rushed to get to West LA Music, on Ventura Blvd., before they closed on my way to Elene's. But when I got there, they didn't have anything I needed at all! They didn't have something as simple as guitar picks! Apparently everything non-keyboard related is now at their other location, in Santa Monica. Oh poo! I was going to run to Guitar Center but I was already running late.
Elene made a fabulous dinner, all Asian-themed, and it was delicious. There were potstickers and the main dish was these pancake type things that you filled with meat and vegetable, with hoisin sauce.
After dinner we ran through the acoustic set and it sounded really good, much better than rehearsal at Cascade had gone. I even decided to add a new song, "Fruitcake," by The Superions to the set and we ran through that after listening to it a couple times and it went really well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!