Viper Room, the sequel

It was a rainy day. We got up and had brunch, and then Dylan left to take Robbie home so I tried to do some housework. I really wanted to put the holiday decorations up, but I couldn't find the key to the storage closet that we have down the hall in the laundry room. Robbie had even helped me go through our junk drawer in the kitchen and we couldn't could locate it anywhere. I was doing some other housework when suddenly I had this vision of the key being in the hat I wore for Halloween when I was Boy George. It must have been a memory, because I went to the hall closet, opened it up, found the hat, and voila! There was the key!
I brought all the big green and red plastic tubs (we have three of them now) filled with holiday decorations, plus the tree and another bag of decorations, back to the apartment and started going through everything.
Eventually, I had to stop and get ready for the Invisible Material show we were having at the Viper Room. I was a little worried about it, because unlike last time, we were the first band playing, and I knew a lot of people were still out of town for the holiday. Plus, it was raining, and people in LA never like to go out when it rains.
Hoagie came and dropped Ronnie off at our apartment, as he was on his way to Home Depot to get some more supplies for the studio job. So then Ronnie and went to the Viper Room and as expected, there was no one there or out on Sunset Blvd. at all, it was almost like a ghost town. But we set up our equipment and then all of us except Jared (I'm not sure where he went) had dinner across the street at Panini.
There was no one at the Viper Room when we played other than the people who worked there, the people in the next band, Ronnie and Michelle. We played a great set anyway but it was a little sad. Ronnie later said he enjoyed it and he felt like it was all for him, which was a nice way of looking at it.
Dylan never ended up coming in because he had walked up to the club after he got back from taking Robbie home, and he forgot to bring his cash and ID so they wouldn't let him in. But he met us outside afterward and then we went back to our place. Ronnie was spending the night with us so we chatted and watched some TV, including some of one of my favorite shows, 'Bored to Death.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!