Thanksgiving

It was a really nice Thanksgiving! Brandon and Angela kindly volunteered to host the festivities at their place, and to cook the Turkey, so I got to do what I love the most - cooking the sides and deserts!
I got up and started cooking while we had the Macy's Parade on in the background, just like when I was a kid. We were really excited because Kylie Minogue was in the parade, performing "Get Outta My Way," which is the song we cover in the Traitors. Thanks to DVR we could rewind it and watch it a couple times since it went by so quickly.
I made an awesome Bacon Oyster Stuffing that I found the recipe for in Real Simple magazine (which I had a trial subscription to), green bean casserole of course, and a real pumpkin pie - not from a can! Dylan made the sweet potatoes and he did such a good job! It was a really fun group, we had Dylan's mom, and our uncle Ronnie, along with our friends Rick and Melodie. Adrienne P. and her boyfriend Quinn came a little later and they had brought vegetarian stuffed squash that was so yummy. It took awhile for the turkey to be done, but once it was we all loaded up our plates. Melodie had also made party potatoes and brought an apple tart, and Angie had cut up a delicious Pecan Pie, which I was very glad for because otherwise I was going to attempt to make one, and I have ruined several before so I'm always nervous about making them.
We all had a great time hanging out and enjoying the holiday, and the party didn't die down until pretty late at night, so we went home and Robbie spent the night at our place.

Comments

Scarlet said…
How neat to read about my own children stepping up to have their own Thanksgiving together. I guess thats what families do when they grow up, huh? Thanks for blogging about it, Devin, I really enjoyed reading it!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!