Election Day

I went down to ye olde Senior Center on Melrose to vote today. It was a pretty significant election even though it was mid-term, because in California we were voting for a new governor, senator, and several propositions including legalization of cannabis. So I went to vote first thing. I very happily voted for Jerry Brown for Governor, Barbara Boxer for Senator, my friend John Noguez for county assessor, to create the annual vehicle fee for state parks, and to legalize cannabis. Some of the questions on the ballot I still weren’t completely sure about despite all my research so I defaulted to the Stonewall Democrat’s recommendation as I usually do.
We had rehearsal for Invisible Material’s show at the Viper Room which Robin just booked last weekend as sort of a last minute thing, but I’m so excited to play there! Brandon volunteered to fill in on guitar since we don’t really have a guitar player. Robin has been playing but it would be nice to have another guitar to fill in the sound and allow Robin to concentrate on singing and performing. It sounded really good although there were some issues where the songs are played a little differently now, but we got everything worked out.
Before I went to bed, it looked like Jerry Brown and Barbara Boxer had both won their elections! I was so happy. I would have been completely dumbfounded if Meg Whitman or Carly Fiorina had bought their way into California politics. They are both so anti-gay and have no idea how to run a state. I’m so glad California finally voted the right way for once, even though it’s not enough to forgive Prop 8 or keeping cannabis illegal (although really, I was surprised that it was as close as it was), it’s a step in the right direction.

Comments

Scarlet said…
Happy to see all the new blogs and I am looking forward to reading them at my leisure.

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!