Fred Schnieder

In an attempt to turn over a new leaf and preemptively fight holiday weight-gain, I decided to start a diet and exercise program today, so I had a real healthy lunch.
Amoeba was having Fred Schnieder DJ'ing and signing copies of his new band's album, The Superion's "Destination Christmas." I was really looking forward to buying the album on vinyl and having him sign it, but stupidly Amoeba only had it on CD. There were people there with the vinyl copy but they must have gotten it online and brought it in. I reluctantly bought it on CD and got in line to meet him. He didn't recognize me so I reminded him that I was in Shitting Glitter and that he had sent me a Minnie Pearl postcard for New Year's. He asked how the band was going and I told him that I had moved on, and he said it was probably for the best as Shitting Glitter wasn't a "very commercial name." Then he said "nice meeting you" so I guess he forgot that we had actually met a couple times before. Oh well, I'm sure he must meet so many people.
When I got home, I made chicken on the Foreman grill and steamed some vegetables, and then went for a run!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!