Off Vine

I had set up a lunch meeting at Off Vine Restaurant with Kerry, Chris (the chair of the Marketing Committee), and two gentleman from West Hollywood - one from the convention and visitor’s bureau and one from the Sunset Strip BID. We wanted to just kind of chat with them, pick their brains, and just have a friendly lunch meeting. It was really nice, especially since I live in West Hollywood (or as close as you can POSSIBLY live adjacent to it - I walk out my front door and, in the hallway, I’m in West Hollywood) so it was nice to hear what they are doing. Also, I hadn’t been to Off Vine since it closed down after a fire a couple of years ago. Mary Lou used to take me there for lunch occasionally and I always enjoyed it.
After work we had another Invisible Material rehearsal at Cascade. When I walked in, there was some big to-do in the lobby going on. There seemed to be a mob of people with cameras (photo and video) and they were all centered around some guy. One of the photographers informed me that it was Manny Pacquiao, a very famous boxer who also has his own band and he plays with his band after each match. Apparently, he’s extremely famous. Interesting. Rehearsal went really well, we ironed out all the kinks and we’re going to sound fantastic this weekend at the Viper Room!!!
I was on the couch playing on my iPad before bedtime, and as I have been very often lately, I was checking in on Secrets, the Human League message board, to see if there was any news or gossip about the new material. Lo and behold, someone had posted a video on YouTube of them performing “Night People” earlier that evening (it was in Germany so with the time change it was quite a bit earlier). I was so excited! I made myself promise to only watch it this one time, but we’ll see! I’ve been waiting so long to hear the song and I really enjoyed it. Classic Human League with a dark electro touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!