Wassup Rockers

Since Thanksgiving is this weekend, we only had a half-day at work. I had found a guy on Craigslist selling a Sabian ride cymbal for $60, which I have been desperately needing, so after work I drove down to our old neighborhood near Beverly and Vermont and picked it up. The guy was a very young Latino looking guy with long, straight hair, who looked like he was from the movie "Wassup Rockers" (fun movie to check out if you haven't seen it).
Then I went back up to Hollywood to do my now-annual Thanksgiving run to Food-4-Less. I don't usually shop there but to get the mass quantities of food I need for my pies and everything I make, it really is worth it to save the money and go there. I got home and started cooking away.
Invisible Material had rehearsal tonight at the studio on 6th St., but when we got there it was not as usual - the whole place was under construction, with the wall ripped out and the floor tiles all broken up in pieces. It seriously looked like we were rehearsing somewhere in a war zone! But it was fun playing my new cymbal - it sounds so good. Often when we are rehearsing, people walking by stop to listen and peer in through the window, but this time we had someone stay there for a long time watching, and then another guy actually came in while we were taking a break. It was a young Latino kid, and he seemed to be interested in the band (especially the drums, asking me to 'play something for him') but it's not the greatest neighborhood and I was a little on edge. Robin finally told him he needed to leave because we were about to start rehearsing again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!