A Big Donation

Since Dylan and I are doing the Homewalk tomorrow and I hadn't yet reached my fundraising goal of $500, I posted a plea on Facebook and within a few minutes I had met my goal! The real surprise was that one person donated enough money to get me there, and it's someone I haven't seen in many years. My friend Brad from back in Kansas who I used to work with at McDonald's and before that we were in band together at Hays High School. Brad was one of the first openly gay people I knew and as I came out, he was one of the first people I could talk to about things. I tried to hide it from him at first, but since we lived in such a small town, it was difficult. One morning when I was driving back to Hays from spending the night at Dustin's place in Russell (my first boyfriend), his friend had seen me on the interstate and somehow or another he put two and two together! Anyway, it's been a long time, but his extremely kind donation is very much appreciated.
After work, the Traitors rehearsed at AMP in North Hollywood. It was kind of strange because we ended up rehearsing right next door to a band that Elene's boyfriend's brother is in. Small world! After rehearsal we went back to Elene's place to hang out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!