The Ambassador

Sarah was having a field trip to the Wilshire Center BID for her Streetscape Committee and she asked me to join her. We weren’t sure if any of the committee members were even going to be able to make it, but at least one did. We were looking at the streetscape improvement that Wilshire Center had made, including medians and concrete planters that are planted with Birds of Paradise. Mike from the BID met us there to show us around and give us the story behind the improvements. It was the first time I had been down there since the new school had been built on the site of the Ambassador hotel. Unfortunately, by the time I moved to LA and became aware of the Ambassador, it was already doomed and condemned by the time I could have gone to see it, but Amy always had great stories about it as her friend used to work there when people used it for film shoots and the like. It was a grand old building with a storied history and famously was the location where Bobby Kennedy was shot. The new building is nice and impressive despite the fact that they demolished a historic landmark to build it, and they barely used any of the original structure.
I stopped by Trader Joe's on the way home so I could make Chinese casserole for dinner. Since Trader Joe's has sort of "unique" products, I wasn't able to get the things I normally use for this go-to dish (that my mom always used to make). So I made so interesting substitutions and Dylan loved it more than ever!
Our friend Viktor came over and updated my iPad, and installed this games called Plants Vs. Zombies that looks addicting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!