Club Strapped

The Traitors had a show tonight at The Palms, for Club Strapped, which is produced by my friend Kalil and his wife Karen. When Kalil first asked if we would play, I was a little weary of performing again at the Palms since we had just played there last month, knowing that we would have to bring all of our PA equipment and everything again, and taking the risk that the Palms might have something booked before us which would prevent us from doing a soundcheck. However, I'm so glad the other band members convinced me to take the chance because it ended up being a really amazing show! Karen dressed up as a Superhero (it was a superhero theme) and there were so many people there!! We did managed to set up and do a sound check, which was great because we were doing a new set up utilizing the Palms' house PA as well as ours, and it took awhile to figure out how to get it all to work. As we were getting set up, Uncle Ronnie and Hoagie showed up, and there were already some people in the club, so we had a little audience for our sound check, which was kind of fun.
We did a couple songs to check, and then we got off stage and walked down to Koo Koo Roo for dinner. Then I hurried back and changed clothes and put on my makeup.
Soon, we were on stage for real and the set went really well. People really seemed to like "Hey Citizen," which is actually a song from Turbo Sunshine, our other project where Brandon and Angie are the front people. I also thought I did pretty well on a cover of "Edge of Forever" by Dream Academy which we debuted, and "Strange Season," which is a slow song of mine.
I was thrilled to see several friends who showed up, including Brad, Mike and Rob.
After the set, we moved our equipment to the hallway and then just hung out and enjoyed the club and the hoola-hooper who performed after us.
Tiger, Rafael, Marc and Viktor all showed up later, which was nice but I was a little bummed that they missed the show. We went to Motherlode for awhile and I apparently had just missed Aaron and Mark there, but Jason was there so it was cool to see him. Then we went back to Viktor's house for a nightcap, and when we decided to call it a night, it was pouring rain and I had to go back to the Palms to get my car and drive back in the crazy storm.

Comments

Scarlet said…
Enjoyed getting caught up and hearing all about your latest shows! Happy New Year!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!