Homewalk

We got up early and went to pick up my co-worker, Sarah, to head downtown for Homewalk. This is the 2nd year Dylan and I have done the Homewalk, but the first time we've raised money for it. We both had a fundraising goal of $500 and although he was a little short of his personal goal, together we did raise over $1000, with very generous assistance from friends, families, coworkers, and in particular, Aileen Getty, who is simply an angel.
It was a really sunny day and I regretted not wearing sunscreen or bringing a hat - I couldn't believe how sunny it was at 9am! The walk itself was pretty easy, but it was great seeing so many people out that early on a Saturday working to end homelessness.
Later at home, I finished mixes on a couple songs for my album, "Ventriloquist" and "A Modern Life," which is a new version from the one I did with Mary White a couple years ago.
My friends Mark and Aaron picked me up to go with them and Aaron's cousin Tig to Casita del Campo for dinner and to see "Charlie: The Death of Nancy Fullforce" in the Cavern Theatre (below the restaurant). It's a musical written by Jasten and starring Robin, and it was a lot of fun! Robin plays the titular character who is a reporter trying to write a story about the band Nancy Fullforce (Jasten's real-life band) who, in the musical, supposedly dies in a bus crash. Charlie uncovers a conspiracy theory that suggests the band is still alive - or does he? I thought Robin did a great job in his role and it was really cool to see him on stage as an actor, since usually I just see the back of his head from my drum-set when he's singing in Invisible Material.
When the show was over, we hung out there for awhile to talk to Jasten, Robin, and the rest of the cast, and then we headed over to Akbar for a very wild night! We pretty much closed the place down, and it was a great time.
Also, today my Uncle Ronnie arrived in LA, where he will be staying for a few weeks out in Malibu, helping Hoagie rebuild his studio. While I was out, Dylan went over to Brandon's to hang out and welcome him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!