Night People... Night, Night People!

What an exciting day for me! I woke up and checked my e-mail, only to find that the Human League had sent out their brand new single, "Night People," since I had signed up for their e-mail list! I had to play it right away, and of course, I loved it! It sounds so much better than the iPhone clip that someone posted on YouTube from when they debuted it in Berlin. I almost wish I hadn't listened to that version, but it's worth it to finally hear the produced, studio version! It's got a really dark bassline sound and lots of weird noises in it, and an almost-chanted vocal delivery on the verses. The bridge section, with the girls singing, is really uplifting and fun, and then Phil really takes off at the end of it, singing "Get away, get away, get away, get away, I wanna know, I wanna go!" I just love it! I played it several times while I was getting ready for work.
Then, at work, I found that people started posting the remixes, which had been played on the radio over in the UK, so I made a CD of the track and the remixes. After work, I had rehearsal with the Traitors at MDM studios over in Glendale, so I was listening to the CD all the way there, even though the audio was bad and had a DJ talking (excitedly) over one of the remixes. I hit really bad traffic on Los Feliz Blvd., but I didn't even care since I was so excited to be listening to the song and remixes, and I also had left in plenty of time so I wasn't really running late.
Rehearsal went really well, I'm very excited for our show tomorrow night at Club Strapped.
When I got home, our friend Guy was visiting so I played "Night People" for him and Dylan, and then he cooked Salmon and Asparagus for dinner for us, but he is doing the master cleanse so he didn't eat any himself. It was delicious and healthy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!