Thanksgiving, Pt. 2, and the Hollywood Christmas Parade

We slept in nice and late and then I got up and started cooking. We were going to have another big family celebration today, only this time at our place. Brandon and Angie brought over a ham and we cooked that while we put up the rest of the decorations, including decorating the tree. I even let Brandon hang the little diorama ornament that we always used to fight over - it's been our favorite decoration since we were kids and it's amazing that it's survived this long after all the hi-jinks it has been through.
I had made a brown sugar pie, which didn't turn out, and I was sad about that. It was just runny and sugary, it wasn't that great. I guess not all my baking ventures can be successful. The rest of the meal was delicious however, and it was fun having another big dinner with Ronnie there to celebrate with us. But we were in a big hurry, because we were all going to the Hollywood Christmas Parade and meeting Dylan's cousin, Shannon, and her girlfriend Suzanne. So we had to scarf down dinner and then we took two cars over to Hollywood & Vine. I knew the streets would be blocked off and congested so I couldn't park in my lot at work, but luckily we found street parking not too far away. We met Shannon and Suzanne in front of the Taft Building and it was so cold we all decided to just go up to my office and watch from the conference room. It ended up being perfect because it was nice and warm, but with a great view of Vine Street.
The parade was really fun and I was surprised how many people were out to watch it, despite how cold it was. There were a lot of cool floats and celebrities in the parade. And it was fun hanging out with Shannon and Suzanne, and Brandon, Ronnie and Angie.
After the parade, we said our goodbyes and then I dropped Dylan off at home before driving Ronnie out to Malibu. On my way back, Dylan said that Shannon had called and said she accidentally took the women's restroom key with her, so I swung by Westwood on the way home to pick it up, and she gave me a little jar of absinthe that she had made herself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!