Ronnie!

I worked on my album this morning, finishing the mix of "Underwater Breathing." It seems the thing I have to do to "finish" them is to keep turning the volume down on individual tracks until it finally stops "clipping" in the overall mix. So, I'm not really sure if this is actually finalizing them or just getting it to be technically not imperfect - in other words, I already sort of had them sounding the way I wanted, and just turning down tracks to prevent from clipping seems like it might also inadvertently change the sound of the songs. We'll see, I guess.
Dylan and I walked up to Sunset. Blvd. to have lunch at this new place called Fresh Bites, which looks really nice but it seems to be over-priced for what you get. My sandwich was tiny and cost over $12 total with my drink and a side, so I won't be rushing back there anytime soon.
Brandon and Ronnie had gone out to Malibu and had already started construction on the studio, so I went out later and brought them food, which they were really appreciative of. I just stopped at the Von's and got a roast chicken, some chips and salsa, and beer. The new studio is going in the living room, and they had been doing cement work to level the floor. The old studio is now the bedroom where Ronnie is sleeping, and that Hoagie eventually wants to rent out.

Comments

Scarlet said…
I hope I get to see the studio sometime. Maybe in March when we are visiting?

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!