Day Six: Blender on a Bender

I woke up around 7:30 am on the couch in the living room wondering why I was there. I got up and went into the bedroom, where I crashed on the bed until sometime shortly after noon.
I forgot to mention in yesterday's blog, that I actually somehow dragged myself to the gym after work and did yoga. It killed me! I found it much more difficult than usual, which I'm SURE had to do more with the extensive partying I've been doing, but the roller-skating definitely added to the pain.
Anyway, Saturday I got up, had breakfast, and decided I needed to go into the office to get some paperwork I needed in order to figure out Dylan and I's personal finances so we could pay rent. Since it was a beautiful day, I invited Dylan to go with me, and we thought we'd walk since my office is only about 2 miles away.
First we went to his eye doctor to pick up his new glasses, which are really cute. It ended up being slightly chilly outside so we stopped back by the apartment so I could get a jacket. Then we walked down Santa Monica Blvd. all the way to Target at LaBrea. I bought some new makeup and ULTA but didn't really find anything I wanted at Target, even though I had come with a list. After Target, we were both hungry so we ate Pulled Pork Sandwiches at Zeke's BBQ; it was magnificent!
After that we walked to the Velvet Grip where Dylan is contemplating getting a tattoo done soon, then went on to 99 cents store for some bargain shopping. I ended up deciding I didn't want to go all the way to the office after that so we just walked back home.
I had time to do some stuff around the house and then get ready for Blender. The theme was "Bloody Valentine 2" (last year was 1) so I dressed in black and red, and put lots of foundation and powder on my face to make me even more pale than I already am. Then I used a red lipliner to draw blood dripping from both my eyes, and I put in vampire fangs that I had bought during halloween. It was a pretty cool ensemble! Then I helped Dylan with his makeup, which I did similar to mine except I only did the blood on one eye, and also out of the corners of his mouth. The only pic I have right now of me is a shot of the dancefloor with me looking at the camera. Here's a better pic of Dylan and our friend tiger, so you can see more of my makeup job!
My friend DJ Raw-Burt was short staffed so I had volunteered to help him. I don't think I was a huge help but I did run errands for him whenever he asked like getting drinks for him or the dancers, looking for the dancers to make sure they were in the right places (one of them, a straight guy, somehow disappeared and never came back!) and cleaning up the stage after Johnny 2.0's bloody performance.
I had a lot of fun and quite a few of my friends were there so it was a really good night. I didn't feel like I drank excessively but I did have a few, one of which I got free since I was helping Raw-burt out.
We stayed until closing and then Marc drove Dylan and I home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!