Day Seven: The Sabbath!

Sunday morning came and went and I finally got up a little after noon, feeling a little worse for the weather. It seemed my recklessness had finally got caught up with me and I had acquired something of a cold, with a little bit of a sore throat and a hangover headache to boot.
I had some breakfast (Boo Berries Cereal, yum!) and made coffee, then just read and watched Logo's Top 10 funniest videos, which included Electric Six at #10 with "Danger! Danger! High Voltage!" which was fun to see on TV rather than the internet. I think I had seen it on FUSE once before maybe, or MTV2, but it was awhile ago.
We had rehearsal at 4pm so I drove Dylan and I out to Silverlake to the studio. Alexa came around 4:30 and we practiced our set for the Battle of the Bands on the 15th. After she left, Brandon and I jammed on some music for some of the new songs we've been recording at Hoagies.
Afterwards, I stopped by Tiger's house to help him get his website, www.tigrefino.com, launched. I helped him figure out something that was tripping him up, and we got the site online, but then there were some glitches I couldn't quite fix. Hopefully he gets them figured out soon cause his site's really neat!
I stopped by the grocery store on the way home to get dinner (meatloaf, salad, and zucchini cakes) and then Marc and Myles came over to watch this really funny/campy/sort of scary "horror" movie called Black Sheep which takes place out in the New Zealand countryside.
I know I had set a goal to go out every night this week, but I was so tired and feeling sick by Sunday night that I just didn't have it in me. Besides, I reckoned, I had actually gone out to the Arclight last Sunday night with Brandon to see "There Will Be Blood" (my 2nd time seeing it) and I had a drink at the bar before hand, and it was a late night. So, I decided I would just count that. Afterall, I think I proved to myself that although I can still party like a teenager, doesn't mean I need to be irresponsible like one. I needed to get some rest and try not to get any sicker.
Now, I just need to go back and see how much money this little experiment set me back...

Comments

Scarlet said…
I think you have all the evidence you need to make your conclusion, Devin.
30 yr. old Party Animal = Crash and Burn!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!