Day Four: FUBAR

Thursday came and I was feeling the physical effects from not only going out three nights in a row already, but also from my night of roller skating, which had manifested in several blisters on my feet and what felt like a sprained left wrist (the aftermath of one of my pratfalls).
Work was pretty easy and I had to break the monotony by taking my lunch break at Amoeba records where I picked up a used Deborah Harry CD (the limited edition with a lenticular cover) for $10 and a PAL (UK) VHS copy of the Twin Peaks pilot which set me back one whole dollar.
After work I came home and tried to do some chores but only really managed to do one load of laundry, which I later forgot about in the dryer and didn't end up fetching it for over a day.
I waited for Dylan to get home from work and he picked me up and we went to Jason and Ishmael's apartment, which is in the same complex as Marc's. We had a little pre-party before heading to FUBAR, which is a block away from my apartment. There was no cover charge, and the sweet owner Jay gave me a couple of drink tickets, making it the cheapest night out yet. I had a vodka and soda with my first drink ticket which ended up being way too big and strong, so I gave my other drink ticket to Matt realizing I wouldn't be needing anything more. I used the few one dollar bills I had on me to tip the go-go boys and around 12:30 I think I decided it was time to call it a night. Not before going to Los Tacos and getting comfort food to pig-out on, though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!