Screw Myspace and other important issues


So It's been awhile since I've blogged here, and in the meantime I had been blogging on my MySpace page. Lately I've not felt like sharing my thoughts on MySpace for a myriad of reasons, which I don't even feel the need to go into here. It's probably obvious to anyone reading this. Alas I don't think I can actually go without blogging (withdrawal!) so I'm back here on blogspot. I can't promise that I'll blog here with any regularity but really, who cares?
Some of the same problems that have plagued my already-overstimulated mind have been eating away at me again lately. One of them is my career/goals/plans for the future. I'm equal parts excited and frustrated with my current state-of-things. Some nights I lay in bed and dream of starting over, somewhere else, taking the knowledge I've gained out here in LA over the past few years and applying it to a new life in a new place. Other time I think that would be a waste of time and I'd best stick around here.
Another recurring theme: is it better to lie to your friends and feign agreement or understanding with them, or be honest with them when you don't feel the same way they do? I realize the value and importance of having close friends who always "have your back" and will always be on your side. But what of having friends who will tell it like it really is? Or at least the way they really see it? I've found that often the people who purport to prefer the latter really would rather have the former. Personally, I find it easy to be a "yes" man to people with whom I'm only a "good acquaintance" of. With my close friends and lovers, however, I find myself unable to just nod my head and say "yeah, you're right." I appreciate being able to discuss personal issues with my friends and helping them see a side of things they have been overlooking. On the same hand, I understand how it feels when you've had a rough day, and you just wish your friends would agree with you and support your decisions and opinions. It's a slippery slope and once I start falling down it, I usually end my day dreaming of being somewhere else, starting over, with a new life and a new set of friends. Better the devil you know?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!