M E

The title is M E but if you say it out loud it's pronounced like "Emmy" which is what this entry is about; the annual Emmy awards put on by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, for whom my boyfriend has worked for a number of years. What that means for me is that I've attended the Emmy's for 4 years in a row now starting back in 2003. Even though the show is 3 hours long (at least) and I have to get there early, it always goes by very fast and the excitment of the evening is well worth it for me. After the show, we always get to go to the Governor's Ball which is my favorite part.
To start from the beginning, we arrived around 3:30pm and I had my tux, which I bought last year for the Emmy's so that I wouldn't have to keep renting one every year, but I wanted to buy a new dress shirt. I stupidly left the pink tuxedo shirt that I wore last year in Dylan's car, then rode the shuttle bus to the shrine and walked over to the shopping center. Unfortunately they didn't have any men's clothing stores so I ended up having to walk briskly back to the exposition center (Coliseum) parking lot, get my pink tuxedo shirt, and take the shuttle back to the Shrine again.
The show was very good, maybe not as fun as last year when Ellen hosted, there were some musical numbers, and lots of shows I was into were nominated... and Stephen Colbert losing to Barry Manilow? I mean really. But all in all it was fun. Afterwards, the Governor's Ball was superb as usual and the hot bartender I had a crush on last year was working again so I talked to him for a little while. He seemed to lose all interest in me (not that he had much before) when I told him that I was only there because my boyfriend worked for the TV academy, not because I worked on any shows. Oh well. Afterwards we were still in the mood to party so we went out to West Hollywood and had a margarita at Fiesta Cantina before barhopping until closing time.
Backing up even further, we helped our friend Angela celebrate her birthday on Friday night by hanging out at her place and cooking dinner. I made lasagne, pizza, and salad and we all just talked and had fun. The next day we went to Hurricane Harbor at Magic Mountain. It was a blast! I've never been to a real water park before, just Barnacle Bill's FantaSea in Wichita Kansas when I was a kid and I barely remember it. So, that was my weekend, it was really nice!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!