X: New Traditions

Today was a very crazy, fun-filled day!
Several years ago, we started a new holiday tradition of spending a day with Dylan's nephew, Connor, and Connor's mom, Jennie. We get together to help Connor build a gingerbread house, while we visit and sip champagne. It's so much fun and it's great to be able to have some holiday time with someone much younger than us. Everyone knows that the holidays are much more fun with kids around.
This year, we had a hard time figuring out when everyone was available to get together and one of the only times we could do it was today, even though it was the first day my family was going to be here visiting, so we just decided to make it one big celebration.
In the morning, Dylan, Adrienne and I got up and went to the valley to pick up my parents and we went last-minute gift shopping at the Fashion Square mall in Sherman Oaks (where I finally finished my shopping) and then to the grocery store to get almost everything we'd need for the next few days of festivities.
When we got home, Connor and Jennie came over and we started making the gingerbread house while we all enjoyed our time together, drinking and talking. Our little apartment was full with everyone there and the holiday cheer!

Adrienne, Forrest Gump, and Connor at Madame Tussauds.

Once the gingerbread house was complete, we all got packed into the cars and headed up to Hollywood Blvd. to go to Madame Tussauds. I had actually never been there yet so I was really happy to finally be going, and everyone had such a great time. It was a lot more fun than I even expected. Everyone in our group, which by then also included my friend Ben and his boyfriend Doug, was running around like crazy, taking photos of each other with our favorite wax figures.
When we got home, it was time for our first big meal together, which was Adrienne's baked potato soup and it was delicious! While we ate, we watched a video of our Yuletide in Maui from 2009. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to edit the video, I just compiled all the footage together and burned it to DVD, although I did at least do an opening sequence and a closing montage. I wish I had spent more time editing because I could have made a really entertaining video, but the raw footage tended to drag on and on. It was still nice to relive some of those great memories.

Me, "Clint Eastwood," and Dylan at Madame Tussauds.

Eventually, most everyone went home, and just us siblings and our partners stayed to watch some Always Sunny in Philadelphia. After than, it was just Adrienne and I who stayed up to watch Christmas Vacation, but we couldn't finish the whole thing and had to go to bed.

Comments

Scarlet said…
I loved this day, it was soooo much fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!