IX: Anticipation

There are several stages of holiday anxiety, from the minute the decorations start appearing in drug stores and the songs start playing all over the place.

Then's there the shopping, the cooking, the party-going. And if you're like me, and you live far away from most of your family, there's anticipating the reunion - either of them flying here or me flying there. This year, my parents and sister are flying out to California, as they have done many times before, to spend the holidays with us. I'm so excited! The apartment is ready, I have the main ingredients for the traditional Yuletide Eve stew, my presents are all bought and wrapped under the tree, and the fresh pine wreath is hung on the front door!

Tonight my parents land at the Bob Hope Airport in Burbank around 11 p.m., which is in less than an hour! My brother is going to pick them up and then we'll meet at our friend's house who is kind enough to let my parents stay in her home while she's away for the holidays. It's going to be great for mom and dad to have their own space to retreat to at the end of our long, food and fun filled days.

OK, I'd better give the apartment one last look over and then we'll be off!

Comments

Scarlet said…
And we are soooo happy to be here, it is awesome to be in your apartment with our whole family and to finally meet Bootsy! What a fancy little Harlequin man he is!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!