VIII: The Worst Thing That Ever Happened on Christmas

So, the title of this post is pretty dramatic. However, looking back, I can't really remember anything dramatic ever happening on December 25 in my experience, and for that I feel very fortunate. Obviously, it's a day of the calendar just like any other day of the year, and disaster or tragedy can strike at any time. I do know of friends who have lost loved ones on Christmas Day, but luckily I haven't.

If you just google "tragedies on christmas day" you'll find that there are people who report on and catalog all kinds of horrible holiday happenings.

Really, aside from receiving some unwanted gifts, or not receiving the gift I wanted the most, I've never had something awful happen, and generally the holidays have always been great because I've always been able to celebrate them with family and/or friends. There have been a few Yules after I moved to LA when I didn't get to see my family at all, but at least I was able to be with Dylan and his family here in LA, and once I went to San Diego with friends to celebrate.

What's the worst thing that's ever happened to you on Christmas?

Comments

Scarlet said…
We have been fortunate, but I do think our Christmas of 2008 was affected by the loss of our beloved brother and uncle when Al passed away so suddenly and unexpectedly in early December. We cannot help but think of him and one of the last holiday traditions he took part in, setting up the Christmas tree and turning on the lights. We know this because that is what Jan discovered when she arrived home that night.
Another family member passed away December 18, 2007 and was a difficult thing for me to experience, but Mom lived a long life in the way she wanted to live it, so no
regrets!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!