Obscure yet Relevant


Only in LA: I just read that yesterday, David Lynch sat himself at the corner of LaBrea and Hollywood Blvd., with a cow on a leash, and a giant banner of Laura Dern that read "For Your Consideration." There was also a banner that read "Without cows, there would be no cheese in the Inland Empire." Inland Empire, of course, is the name of Lynch's new film, starring Laura Dern. I haven't seen the movie yet (as far as I know the only local screening was at the Arclight for $20 a pop) but I do plan on seeing it eventually. I became a fan of Lynch's through the early 90's television series Twin Peaks and have watched every movie he has put out since then. (I will write my "how I fell in love with: twin peaks" blog sometime in the future). I really wish I would have found out about Lynch's impromptu meet-and-greet a day earlier so I could have actually gone and met him. My office is very near to that intersection and I could have used the excuse of going to the bank, which is about 2 buildings away from Hollywood and LaBrea, to meet Mr. Lynch. I wonder if he would have autographed my Twin Peaks laserdisc (OK, it's actually Dylan's; I only have the DVDs and VHS tapes, but laserdisc is so much cooler and much more room to sign).
Anyway, that's just another great thing about living in Hollywood/West Hollywood.
I've been reading about Pitcairn Island today, thanks to Brandon. We seem to be in a contest with each other to find obscure and interesting entries on wikipedia and IM them for the other's perusal. Brandon hit a goldmine with Pitcairn; look it up and you'll see what I mean.
I'm sure Brandon has islands on the brain since he is leaving for Tahiti tomorrow, his third free trip to a distant island in the past year. What an asshole. I only got one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!