My car hasn't been starting and it's stressing me out. I am able to get it started with a jump, but otherwise it just makes a very pathetic attempt to start and doesn't go any further than that. The lights do still come on, so I don't think it's the battery. Tomorrow, Dylan will jump me in the morning and I'll drive it to the shop.
I don't want to dwell on the negative, so I'll talk a little about the holiday weekend. We drove up to Granada Hills on Thursday afternoon to Dylan's sister's house for the first portion of Thanksgiving, which consisted of appetizers and the singing of "happy birthday" to Dylan before we finally had to get back on the road and head to Victorville. We finally got there in the evening and I was so starved by that point, I probably could have eaten the entire turkey by myself. The meal was prepared by a guy named Oscar who looked scary but was very nice. He did an amazing job with the food. Afterwards we watched the movie "Cars" which was very cute.
The next day we drove to Palm Springs and stayed at Santiago Resort which was beautiful and very relaxing. We had a bit of a crazy night on Friday and didn't get back to the hotel until after 5 am, getting lost on the way home from a house party.
Saturday I spent the day laying by the pool reading (I finished the Melanie B autobiography over the weekend), lounging in the pool, and sunbathing in a hammock - all with no small amount of 50 spf sunscreen involved.
Sunday morning I woke up to find Dylan had dumped out the cup containing my contacts in saline solution - after I had told him specifically not to do that. So, our plans for the rest of the day were cut short (we were going to go up the Tram to the top of the mountain) as I couldn't see anything. I'm pretty much blind without my contacts. I packed up my things best I could without seeing, and then we went off to get lunch before getting on the freeway. It was an interesting experience, to say the least, trying to order Indian food from a mall-food-court style eaterie when I couldn't see a damn thing, and the employees spoke with such thick accents that their explanations meant virtually nothing to me either. Fortuntately, it was an all-you-can-eat type situation so if I got something I didn't care for, it really didn't matter.
The drive home was actually not as bad as I had been expecting and we only hit traffic a few times. Dylan kept pointing to things and exclaiming "Look" to which I would repeatedly roll my eyes and loudly sigh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!