Farewell GB Records

Last night I had two dreams (again) that were somewhat interesting or noteable, if only to me (and who else matters, really?)
In the first, I saw a RARE Human League video on VH1 Classic that I had never seen or even heard of before. It was a pretty basic video. The song was called "Chrysler" and it was recorded for a compilation cassette that was given away with Chrysler cars back in the 80's. It all made perfect sense to me in the dream because I remember my parents had bought an Oldsmobile once when I was in grade school and it came with such a cassette.
In the second, I was shopping for Dylan's birthday present at GB Records in Hays, KS on the closing day (it's actually been closed for a year or so.) It was sad. I wasn't there when they closed, and I was happy without having to have it as a memory. I could have always gone on pretending it was still open. But no, now I have a horrible memory of trying desperately to find CD's for Dylan while they were literally rolling up the carpet (I had to move because a girl was actually rolling up the carpet under my feet!) I found a David Bowie record I wanted to get but then my eyes got blurry and I couldn't find it anymore.
Do I really think anyone is interested in reading about my dreams? I'm a pretty vivid dreamer but I read in Vice Magazine once that you shouldn't use your dreams as conversation pieces, because no one cares. Whatever.
I worked out last night but it wasn't very fantastic.
I have a meeting in 2 hours so I better start getting ready.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!