Dive Bar Show

Tonight is the first show of Shitting Glitter's "Dive Bar Tour" which isn't technically really a tour, since we're not leaving Los Angeles, and we only have one actual date on the tour thus far... semantics. Anyway the "goal" of this "tour" was to play all new songs, in an attempt to step up the pace on the creation of our next and third album, "Food Drinks Music". Of course any time you speed something up against it's very nature, there are going to be growing pains, but I think we're coming out on the other end much better than we went in, and I'm pretty proud and excited to play these new songs. On one hand, it's very scary since the songs aren't really necessarily done, we don't quite have them learned or memorized yet, and it could all fall apart at any given moment. On the other hand, I think the ideas and sounds are there, and it will be very exciting to get the ball rolling on these and share them with whatever friends of our decide to come out and listen. Von has made some incredibly cool drink coasters for merchandise for this particular show, they have a drawing of a baby doll falling (or jumping) out of a window - in a very abstract way - and it includes the name of one of the new tunes, "Legalese", as well as the name of the venue and tour. He plans on making them for each stop on this tour, provided I can schedule a few more.
I have been giving a lot of thought to my equipment lately and ways to take the utmost advantage of the gear that I do have. I have a Roland AX-7 which is a Keytar, and it's very cool but underutilized by myself. So I think I'm gonna bust it out tonight and use it on a few songs, alternating between hooking it up to my weird Roland phrase box thing, and my Roland sound module that has pretty standard sounds on it.
At this very moment however I am extremely hung over and just trying to get through the day so I can go home and take a much needed nap. My good friend Denny (who used to play bass for Shitting Glitter, although that is certainly not the least of his contributions to my Los Angeles experience) came to town with his friend Mark and they stayed at Dylan and I's house last night. We ended up going out to Blender at The Palms for underwear night and staying out way too late, drinking way too much, and in my case, removing far too many of my clothes. Of course, as I was wearing my faux leather harness underneath my clothes, I can't say it wasn't premeditated. It was a riot! I almost won the contest, but since I had already won once before they let someone else have the crown. The crown being a $50 bar tab, I presume.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!