the beginning (?)

Well this is interesting. I never meant to Blog. And now it seems I'm not meant to, as I can't seem to figure out how to work this. Wait, I just figured it out.
Anyway, the only reason I am starting this blog is sort of a silly one. I've been trying for months now to start a diet & work out program. A lifestyle change. With each passing week, I slip further and further into irresponsible eating, over-indulging, binge-drinking, etc... and it's just finally gotten to that point where I REALLY must stop it. And, although I have been at this point for several weeks now, I just have to do something, ANYTHING, to get my life back into my control. By that, I just mean about the eating & working out. The rest is OK for now (although my finances could use some work).
To explain things, I am 27 and in a band. I also have a day job working in an office. I like to eat food a lot, and I love fast food. I also love cookies and muffins. I like Ice Cream too but not as much as cookies and muffins. I love beer and boxed wine (or bottled.) And I've been paying way too much for a gym membership that I rarely use. I have, for brief spats of time, gone on diets and worked out several times a week but it has never lasted as long as I'd like.
As far as being in a band and wishing some sort of success with that, I do take it seriously and often tear myself apart with regards to my appearance and my unhappiness with my physical self. If I want to attract attention of gay guys, I have to appeal to the very same things I look for when looking at gay guys, which is unfortunaly very body-oriented. So, if I want to play the game, I must play the game.
To complicate matters is the impending 10 year reunion of my high school graduating class. Less than 9 months to go now, which is scary. I had intended to go back rich, famous, wealthy, and with a killer body. 9 months to go and I am scrambling to figure out how to give my life even a slight semblance to the life I wanted to show off. Not that I am unhappy with my life, I just set goals way too high, thinking I will, in the end, be OK with the actual outcome. But I rarely am.
Today, I woke up and packed my gym bag. I am going to make a triumphant return to Gold's Gym today after work. I am not going to eat lunch today. I am going to go shopping tonight for good, healthy foods to stock my home with. And last but not least, I am going to devote myself to improving my life starting today.
And that's where this blog comes in. I figure if I have something to keep track of my progress, something to keep me on target, something to make me a little more scared of failing... then I might just succeed.
Here's to me... let's see how this unfolds.

Comments

Edit said…
I wish you the best of luck on the diet/exercise program. I am also trying to reasses my exercise/eating habits in the next couple of months. I have found the "Everything Diet" book to be really helpful and inspirational. It doesn't take into account all the stupid fad diets and crazy exercise programs out there, but rather it shows you scientifically how to eat right and balance the amount of food that you consume and that amount of exercise that you should do. Although it's one of those book series that people often overlook as being too simplistic and too naive, I have found it to be quite eye opening, pointing out the irregulaties in my eating and exercising habits. Once again, good luck and don't let this blog fall by the wayside.

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!