A Very British December Vacation


Tomorrow at 6:20 p.m. I will be leaving this continent and traveling by air to Europe, to the little windswept island they call England! I am so excited to be returning to London, my favorite of all cities (that I have been to)! This trip is my third to the U.K., and as such there will be some old traditions and new discoveries. As with my previous two visits, I will be seeing my favorite band - The Human League - live in concert. In 2003, my first journey, I rode a bus up to Sheffield to see them play City Hall in their hometown. I was fortunate enough to go back in 2012, and got to see them twice; once at Brighton Dome, and back in London at Royal Albert Hall. This time, I will be flying up to Glasgow to see and stay with my friend David. He and I will be going to see them perform at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, and afterward his boyfriend is joining us at Hard Rock Cafe for a late show of Jo Callis, a former member of Human League who wrote or co-wrote some of their most memorable songs. He will be performing songs from that time period, both ones that the band released and ones that never made it onto the records.

I also have plans to see some of the other Secrets Massive (Human League fans) in London and fellow TTT (TrueToTiffany) Julia (David is also a TTT).

Something about traveling just makes me feel so alive and happy. I desperately need it right now, and yes, seeing the Human League is like going to church for me. I don't worship them as false idols or anything, I just love singing along to them and seeing them put on a great show, and feeling the camaraderie with fellow fans.

I also just love being in London. I could walk around that city forever. I have a list of things to do and see, and I know I won't get even a quarter of the things crossed off, but there's always next time!


Comments

Scarlet said…
So happy you are having a great time and enjoying yourself! But I'm excited for January!!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!