Back to "Reality" (?)

It's been almost a week since the election, and my self-imposed Facebook exile is about to come to an end. I've actually really enjoyed being away from it all, and frankly, I am not looking forward to returning. However, I have several pages that I manage as part of my job, as well as my band's page, and I need an active account in order to administer these. I'm still trying to decide if there are additional measures I would like to take upon my return, such as increased security settings, unfriending/blocking certain people, and removing previous content from my page.

To refresh those who may not have seen my previous blog post, or do not follow me on other social media (I'm on Twitter, Google+ and Instagram still!), I just had to take a break from FAKEBOOK and all the fake news articles shared there, as well as the corresponding reactions and all the emotions related to this horrible election.

Also, I haven't felt like "connecting" to people, or even facing this new "reality". In fact, I've pretty much just been in denial, pretending the election hasn't happened yet.

Despite my pain, confusion, and anger, I do have to say that I am so fortunate to be surrounded by smart, kind, decent people in my life. I have absolutely the best family, the best husband, amazing friends, and of course my co-workers. We have all be commiserating together. I shudder to think what it's like for those that have to spend Thanksgiving with family who do not support them or share their values. It must be heartbreaking on a level that I can not imagine. I have my little "bubble of blue" around me and the warmth, compassion and love that I have felt from those in my circle has been overwhelming and life-affirming.

I know we will get through this, and maybe soon, things will be even better, but we can all admit that 2016 sucked hard, and the next few years may not be any better.

Comments

Scarlet said…
I just keep worrying, If Hitler could build his Nazi empire... Well I just hope America is a stronger, more educated, smarter country and that we would unite against a lying, irrational, unstable Drumf!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!