What Once Was


This is a picture of a little playground, located at 111 E. 4th Street in Hays, Kansas. 17 years ago, there was a house here, and that house was all decorated for Halloween, with pumpkins on the porch and all kinds of skeletons, spiderwebs and such inside. It was the house that my brother and I lived in, and it would be our last Halloween living in Kansas.

It is so strange to look now and see that it's all gone.

I've lived in quite a few houses during my lifetime, and most of them are still standing somehow. This house was pretty special though, as my brother and I lived here our last two years in Kansas, while I was graduating from college, and so many good times were had here. Seeing it now, it's like my place in Hays has been erased. Not that I ever want to go back, but now it's almost as if I was never there.

Comments

Scarlet said…
Well that is sad for you, but at least we made our investment back and you had a great experience living there! Our time living there was carefree and exciting as we were ready to leave Hays and begin our lives here. But it was also bittersweet, as we loved our time in Hays and had many friends and family left behind. I agree, it's weird to see it gone, you wouldn't even recognize it��

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!