My United States



So these are the states that, as of today, I have visited in my lifetime.  I would much prefer that they all be colored in, but I think I've done pretty well for myself so far.

As a kid, when we went on vacation, it was always west of the Mississippi.  I'm not sure why, and I also think it's common, that people who grew up in the US always wanted to travel west.  Most of the states that are north, south, or west of Kansas, I visited on family vacations.  I think Oregon is the only exception, as I only visited that for the first time on tour with Shitting Glitter.

As for the states east of Kansas, those were all visited in college or later.  Brandon and I went on a road trip with Randy, and that's how I knocked off Illinois and Iowa.  Georgia was because I attended a journalism conference there in college.  New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts were accomplished during the trip Dylan and I made to celebrate the states that had marriage equality back in 2007, which at that time only included Mass and Conn.  New Jersey is kind of cheating, cause I've only been to Newark airport, but I did spend a considerable amount of time there, and not just in the airplane.  I had a layover there on the way back from Paris in 2011.

Alaska is the only western state I haven't been too, but it is very high on my list of states I want to visit as soon as possible, along with Washington D.C. (gotta see our nation's capitol), and Louisiana - because I want to see New Orleans.  Some of the rest of them, I really don't have much desire to visit, other than to cross off the list.

Comments

Unknown said…
Why are your states RED???? We went through Oregon on the way to Rosyln and Twin peaks.
Devin Tait said…
The states are pink (lol). Well anyway I didn't have control over the color of the states, it was from some website where you could click on each state you'd visited. I forgot that we went through Oregon on that trip!
aes9999 said…
Your map looks much like mine except I can add Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire from our honeymoon. Skip Vermont and New Hampshire but you gotta see Maine! Especially if it's on your way to Quebec!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!