Family Time

I'm so excited because in less than a week I will be in Kansas City meeting my brand new baby niece, Eva Rho Joyner, who is my sister Adrienne's daughter with her husband Drew.  She is the first member of the next generation of our family and I am so excited to see her, to see my sister as a mother for the first time, and to see my parents as grandparents!

It's a busy time of year and I will have been out-of-town for three consecutive weekends.  Last weekend, Dylan and I went to Long Beach on Saturday to spend some time with friends down there for Long Beach Gay Pride, and the next day I traveled by train to San Diego with my co-workers for the West Coast Urban District Forum, a collaboration between IDA (International Downtown Association) and CDA (California Downtown Association), which we are members of both organizations.  It was a great conference, fun to see the city through the lens of business improvement districts, and to be reunited with our friend Carlee who left Hollywood for San Diego earlier this year.

This weekend is Memorial Day weekend which means Dylan and I are going to Palm Springs with a bunch of our guy friends as we've all rented a house together.  This is the fifth time or so we have made such a trip and I'm really excited to relax by the pool, listening to music and having a kiki with my buddies!

Of course all this excitement is just the warm-up to being able to see and hold my new little niece Eva!  I haven't even gotten to see my sister and Drew's new home yet, so there will be lots to see and do while we're there.  We will also be celebrating my mom's retirement!  She's going from one job to another, as I suspect being a grandmother is something that she will put her heart and soul into just as she did with her career in education.

It's hard to believe that there is now a new generation in our family, that both my parents are retired, that my sister is a mother, and that Brandon and I are uncles.  Oh, and that my dad is (finally) blogging!!!

Comments

aes9999 said…
We are so excited to see you and Eva cannot wait to meet you!!!
Scarlet said…
Well stated, Devin! So many firsts for our family and we are so anxious to have everyone together! Keep blogging!
Scarlet said…
Yay! Time is almost here!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!