Memorial Day

It's a nice, lazy Memorial Day and I just finished writing and recording a brand new song, which will serve as a b-side on the forthcoming "Winnipeg Beach" single.
A very long time ago, I used to have an imaginary group called DSV which stood for Drees Strecker VanDoren, which included me and two fictional band members, one was a guy (Drees) and the other was a girl (VanDoren). I would draw our album and single covers, probably during class or whenever else I was bored, and make up song titles and lyrics. I only have vague recollections of this, but I remember that one of our "hit" songs was called "Do You Remember" and I only had a basic idea of how the chorus went. Well, this being memorial day, I decided to actually make a song out of that nearly forgotten idea.
In the span of about 3 hours, I sat down and came up with the music, recorded it, wrote the lyrics, and recorded the lyrics. It's pretty much done although I will do some mixing and tweaking, and possibly re-record or add a few things in the next few days, but the single will be released on June 11 so I don't have much time to futz with it.
The other b-side will be "Bad Friends," a song that was meant to go on the album but then I decided it didn't fit in and never completed it. I just need to record vocals and tweak the track a little.
We're shooting the video for "Winnipeg Beach" next weekend and I'm looking forward to it!

Comments

Scarlet said…
Enjoyed reading your blog and catching up today! Just 13 more days till I'm in L.A. hugging and kissing you!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!