Electric Six and Rain

I left the windows wide open today to air out the apartment, and then about a minute ago I thought I heard rain; turned around and looked out the window and sure enough it's raining! How frustrating. It's raining too hard to ride my bike home and shut the window, but if I walk it will take an hour to get there and back, and I already took my lunch break. I guess it'll just have to get a little wet.
I am so eager to get my hands on the new Electric Six album - I thought it would be at Virgin Megastore on Monday (the import release) but it wasn't, and Marc (my friend who works there) says it won't be in until Friday.
I had one of the most amazing dreams last night. I have been really getting into this cognisant dreaming - where you realize that you are in a dream and manipulate it to get what you want out of it. In the dream, I was walking down Main Street in my hometown, Paradise Kansas. I then realized it was a dream and decided I wanted to be in Reykjavik instead. Now, I have had several dreams that I was in Reykjavik. But in this one, once I decided I wanted to be there, Paradise literally started transforming into Reykjavik before my eyes. Suddenly the town was much bigger, and there was fog on all sides of me and cute little streets. But I said out loud, "The houses in Reykjavik are more colorful" and then the roofs and the houses all started turning bright colors. Then I started walking around and thought "I don't see the church (Hallgrimskirkja)" and realized I was in a different part of the city. Then I went into a shopping center and looked around. When I came out of the shopping center, it was suddenly night and there were beautiful fountains all around. Then I lost control of the dream and the LA Skyline was infront of me, but all the skyscrapers were rearranged into a sort of pyramid shape. In the distance to my right was a castle-like structure. I tried to regain control of the dream and decided I was going to fly to the top of the castle. Then a bright light filled the entire dream and I discovered I was being woken up by daylight. I struggle for a few minutes to go back to sleep and continue the dream, to no avail.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!